Skip to main content

Signs of Spring - 2012

 March 8th - International Women's Day...

We had a wonderful breaking record day... our temp got to 68F ...so I got to really garden ... more like an experiment and see if I can beat the weeds. Its going to be really cold tonight and tomorrow so hopefully whatever I exposed will die. Let's see!





Splish Splash  is a cute miniature rose - one of the earliest to bloom in my garden... it was planted in 2006 or 2007. I really did not keep a good record.



Those are Digitalis - they did well ... under the leaves they were this big already... I just covered again and hopefully they will continue to grow... they came from Allison - she is such a good gardenere!!!!





I



I did not plant this rose last year. Could not decide and just left this poor thing ... but it's all green and I will plant this year!


















This is  is a miniature rose that was planted in 2006 - it's an amazing plant...and here we have a few new leaves....













































That's a pic of the entire plant... it's really all green... not only this year, but every year since... If I am not mistaken it is Lavender Mist...
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kosmos Fairy Tale

             

Zaide Rose

This Rose is in the 2nd year in my garden. It was planted last year and it did not bloom much but it was a strong plant. This year is great. Grew a lot, and the roses are really a nice pink/coral color. It's from Palatine Roses (in Canada) love it... I am glad I got it, even if I was not so excited about , but it promisses to be as good as the fairy tales ones, with long canes and tons of blooms... Love it...

My sweet and rascal Diamond